When you’re working in wood, the little things make a big difference.
No matter how beautiful it may look, a custom cabinet or piece of Amish-made furniture isn’t really beautiful unless it feels beautiful — solid and stable, with a deep luster you just know is going to last. This is a craftsman’s kind of beauty, our kind of beauty at Sierra Valley Furniture, and it’s the result of a thousand little things we do that are buried deep in the pieces we craft. Here are just a few of them:
- Solid wood face frames, drawers and drawer fonts with hardwood plywood interiors – no synthetic particleboard or melamine … ever.
- Face frames securely attached to cabinet boxes using a special dado system – no face nailed pins.
- Cabinet backs made of stability enhancing 1/2” hardwood plywood instead of the typical, flimsy 1/4” or 1/8” backs.
- Finished ends built with matching plywood — no paper veneers, period.
- Professional conversion varnish finish in your choice of stain, applied in our spray booth for an excellent hard finish that will last and last.
Quality custom cabinets or furniture — how to get started.
The first thing you should know about the woodworking craftspeople at our Oroville location: if it’s made out of wood, we can probably do it. We’ll work closely with you to design cabinets, furniture, fireplace mantels, breakfast nooks, window casings and trim to create the living space you see in your mind’s eye. And we can provide plenty of examples in a variety of styles to help you refine and perfect your vision. The process is simple and enjoyable — and it can start with a quick call to (530) 589-4400. Or simply click here to get in touch.